Retail & Asset Solutions (RAS) are looking for a Web Developer to join our inhouse IT support team on a full-time permanent basis. As a web developer you will have responsibility for supporting our core bespoke web applications. In addition to providing support and developing solutions, you will also act as SME during any outsourced development and a Business Partner to the wider RAS business.
Job Specifics – Web Developer
You will be required to:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Carry out required CI and maintenance as required.
- Resolve escalated tickets raised via the RAS IT Service Desk.
- Provide support/training to 1st line support team on low-level issues.
- Carry out root cause evaluation of problems and regularly assess performance, constantly maintaining a detailed Continuous Improvement plan.
- Act a subject matter expert on RAS data and web infrastructure when RAS engages with external supplier and/or customers.
- Take day to day responsibility for ensuring web servers are performing as expected.
- Travel to customer sites around the UK & Europe to support IT operations.
You will have:
- 1-3 Years Web Development Experience in corporate environment.
- Experience working as the sole web developer maintaining and enhancing existing systems
- Building small systems from scratch.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
- Understanding of managing source control.
- * Occasional travel to Bromley office and rare nationwide travel. Induction in the Bromley/London area.
- SQL (SQL Server)
This role is being handled by RAS. To discuss this vacancy or any other great positions we have please call us on 01689 879444 for a confidential chat about working for our business.
By applying to this role, you are consenting to Retail & Asset Solutions to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.